Friday, September 18, 2009

A boy and his Star Wars plushie

So, despite how deceptively simple I though an R2D2 plushie-- for a certain special birthday boy-- would be, I couldn't abandon true Star Wars geekiness for ease and less stress.

My mission: to make one very correct plushie for a very discerning seven-year-old.

I think it turned out pretty well in the end. I left in as much detail as possible, although I did abandon the legs--or arms--or whatever. But I don't think he cared too terribly much.

I loved seeing him open his R2D2 pillow, and although it was a lot of work, it was a lot of fun too. It was a challenge to freehand this robot without a pattern, and I think it worked out pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. Em!! You are so ridiculously sweet! it looks great, i bet he adores it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Special Birthday BoySeptember 21, 2009 3:14 PM

    I like my Star Wars R2 D2! It's really comfy! I sleep with it every night.

    ReplyDelete