Monday, October 26, 2009

Ambition

This is my problem. I get too ambitious with my projects, and this leads to half-finished and literally half baked ideas.

My ambition this time led me to buy a monstrosity of a pumpkin to carve into a haunted house, like Martha... But alas, I am neither Martha Stewart nor any of the people who work to carve pumpkins for her.

I started by hand drawing my design on my pumpkin, and it looked pretty good. I was psyched. Then, I started cutting into the ginormpkin, and that is when the problems started. That sucker is thick.

By the time I got too tired to carve, all I had done was a few small bits, mainly some windows and the tiles on the roof. I may never finish this thing, but at least I tried, right?

Next year, if I blog about some harebrained pumpkin scheme, someone please refer me to this... But until then, here are a few things that I probably should have been doing first.

No comments:

Post a Comment