Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Covered cork board jewelry frame

I did it! Okay... I half did it. I actually had two picture frames that I wanted to finish, but the second has staple problems. The first had its problems too, but I overcame, and the finished product is pretty nice!!

I started out with a slide-in picture frame that's back was completely grimey. But take a picture frame and patch your pieces of cork board to fit the frame. So, I replaced the back of the frame, with just a cardboard folder and glued the cork down to that.

Next, simply cut your fabric a couple of inches around the board. --I chose a jersey knit so that it would stretch around the board.-- Peel up the cardboard from the back of the cork and stretched the fabric around. Tuck it in between the cork and the cardboard, then press the cardboard firmly back in place.

After it's glued, let it dry!! I probably didn't let mine dry long enough, but it's working pretty well.

The last step? Just slip it into your picture frame and voila!! A beautiful and functional jewelry frame. Just pin your jewelry on the frame, and let it decorate your space as a multi-functional piece of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment