Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ten and Counting...


With only ten days until Christmas-- Yay!!-- I thought I'd go ahead a share these before time runs out! I made these Christmas stockings a while back, but it's been so busy lately, that I hadn't gotten a chance to take photos.

The story is... I absolutely fell in love with a stocking set and tree skirt at Pier1, and since it was pretty simple materials, just felt, I thought, "why couldn't I make that?" So, I did!!

1 I drew up my pattern for the stocking and appliques-- I had to simplify a lot from what I had originally planned, but I think it looks better that way.

2 I cut out the pieces from felt and fleece, and the stocking are actually made from fleece, and glued them to the surface to keep them in place as I stitched the edges.

3 I stitched around the edge of the stocking, making sure to leave a half an inch edge. Then I scalloped the edges, just with my scissors, for a cute finishing touch!

4 The cuffs were just two rectangles the width of the top edge. I stitched the trim on first, then stitched them together, and stitched them on to the top, where I added a loop of ribbon at the side seam opposite the toe.

Sadly, the accompanying tree skirt that I had planned to make will not be joining us this Christmas. All that hand-stitching takes time.

I had also planned to put up a template of the design with this post, but it's not here. It'll be up sometime though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment