Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cherry blossom hair clip

I was inspired by the movie Mulan to make this gorgeous-- I think-- hair clip. I love the simple, beautiful look of cherry blossoms, and I think what made this clip was the, dare I say it, delicacy of the felt and the wonderful colors.

Felt is not normally a delicate material, at least not the felt you find at the craft stores, especially with consideration to the colors. However, these beautiful felt colors are courtesy of pixiexrose on Etsy.

I did have a few problems, but in the end, I think it turned out beautifully. I'm obviously not the best at embroidery, and although I've tried many times, I cannot make a French knot stay, well, knotted. In the end, I just made a knot close to the fabric. Not as fancy, but just as cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment