Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mission upcycle

I love the idea of taking something old, like a t-shirt, and refashioning it into something new. I have been attempting this miracle for many years, and until recently, I never knew that it had its own word, upcycling. I must just be behind the times, because Etsy house tons of stores dedicated to upcycled clothing.

However, buyers be wary. The quality of some of the upcycled pieces leaves much desired. So, my mission now, try to upcycle something in my closet--because I know there are a ton of things that I love, but won't wear again. I hope some of you will join me in my mission, but if you cannot be persuaded, check out these fine Etsy retailers for the best of upcycling:

  • Heidi & Seek offers a bit of everything, but the hodgepodge is definitely cute!
  • Labudde won't be back until September, but her shop was definitely on the top of my list.
  • wonderwear has some beautiful appliqued t-shirts that are a model of upcycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment