Friday, January 8, 2010

Cleaning Day Challenge

The handsome dog in his new coat taking a walk in the snow

I've been cleaning for a week. Well... at least it feels like I have.

I took down the Christmas tree and decorations and packed them up for next year. It's now so sad and bare around the house. I need to find or make some winter decorations, so wish me luck!

I cleaned all the floors in the house yesterday, and I thought my arms were going to fall off. If they didn't look so shiny and beautiful, I would be mad that I had spent hours doing it.

I'm still working on finding places for all the things that we accrued over Christmas. I should go with the theory "out with the old..." but I am a pack rat by nature, sadly. I did work on organizing my growingly messy recipe collection in an adorable little book! This system is much better than the stick-all-my-recipes-in-other-books system that I had before.

I still have some sewing to do, taking up sleeves and taking in shirts, but I have finished one minor project, adding velcro to our pug's new jacket! Which he hates. Everytime we put it on him, he gives us the saddest face imaginable. But too bad for him, it's going to be under 32 all week.

The snow, although beautiful, is keeping me inside; so hopefully, I can finish more this weekend! Here's to getting things done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment