Sunday, January 24, 2010

Creative Everyday?


Tomorrow is my first check in for the Creative Everyday Challenge. Every Monday, we are supposed to post a link or just write a comment about our creativity that week.

I suppose I'm a little afraid of falling behind, coming up short, not being as creative as everyone else. I know that creativity isn't something to be measured, but I feel that my accomplishments this week are so very few.

This week, I haven't made anything, or done anything, really spectacular. I dreamed an idea for my valentines this year, but it's plain and simple, not special. I cleaned out the extra room, and started organizing my crafting things (check back for more on that one-- Eeek!).

I've also started learning Illustrator through a class I'm taking right now, which I suppose makes me feel a little more creative-- at least I am learning something new! And I am getting the hang of the pen tool-- click, click, drag, and click-- which is pretty exciting for me!

I guess, looking at it like this, my week has been more productive than I had imagined! But perhaps a more concrete challenge is what I need for next week? I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

2 comments:

  1. Beloved Emily - where does the necessity for "Spectacular" enter into the creative equation? What if you just created and reported in without worry of how you label it. Perhaps your less than spectacular will BOWL me over? You just never know. :-) (And I hear me speaking to myself as well as you, so there is a reason you posted immediately below me yesterday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Thanks Julie. I've just been doubting my creativity a bit. Sometimes it surprises me, but it's a funny curious thing...

    ReplyDelete