Monday, February 1, 2010

Finished!


The snow has helped me out! I finally finished the project I have been working on... a sketchpad strap.

Instead of carrying a large portfolio for my sketchbooks, I decided to make this carrier, which is much less cumbersome, especially for someone a short as I am! I made up the pattern to be specified to my notebooks, but I'm working on a tutorial that can be adjusted to any size.

I'm really liking the way this looks, especially the retro-ish fabric, which, by the way, was a trip to sew. I'm thinking that I might add buttons over the velcro just for a little extra pop!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely invention to carry the sketch book! And you're right about adding some button to make it more interesting. Well Done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the carrier,adding buttons would be fun.And you could even attach a pencil bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the idea of the pencil bag, and I think that could make it more stable, but I ran out of Velcro...

    ReplyDelete