Thursday, February 4, 2010

Organization


It eludes me, but I love it none the less... I think I like the idea of organization more than the practice, but don't we all.

I especially love the idea of buying all the organizing accessories, like this. But alas, I will probably never have that much money.

I am getting started on a small crafting space in my apartment though! Yipee!! All I have right now is a bookcase, but I'll progress eventually.

I'm actually pretty proud of this bookcase. It's not the best-- just a cheapie from Target-- but I put it together, with the help of Mr. Cupcake, and I got to use a power drill. I only stripped two screws, and I didn't hit my thumb with the hammer once!

I have all my crating books together on the shelf, cupcake liners in one jar and cookie cutters in another--although it is a little small for all of them. And I'm using the cloth bins to store my fabric, scraps in one, and fat quarters and half-yards in another.

Now there is the problem of what to do with the rest of my stuff because that wasn't even half of it. Right now, a fair amount of my fabric is in a cardboard box. I also have various boxes of paper and felt and other what-nots, and I'm not sure what to put them in.

Please let me know of any good organizing tips, and I'll be sure to share with you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment