Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Blue Birds of Happiness hair clips

These tiny blue birds of happiness won't poop in your hair or on your car (like some other birds I know).

I made these adorable clips for a friend of mine, but they are so easy, I thought I'd share it with you. Of course, you can use any cute woodland creature or anything else that you want!

  • These clips are very easy to make. All you have to do is trace the clip on piece of paper and add about a 1/4 of an inch on all sides.

  • Cut each pattern out of a doubled piece of felt, making two, and cut the second one across about 3/4 of an inch down from the wide end.

  • Sew your bird, then wing, to the top piece (here I used embroidery thread). I also ironed fusible interfacing to both pieces of the bird to stabilize the smaller, delicate parts.

  • Then sew the backs and front together, including everything but the back of the clip.


These clips are easy to personalize and inexpensive to make. Embroider your initials or a funky design to the top, as well as using felt pieces. There are literally endless ideas for these cute hair pieces.




1 comment:

  1. i didn't know where else to put it so i put it on this one... But i like the new one much better. It is cleaner and more professional looking. It has a better design and is much easier to navigate around on... keep it up my little cupcake!!!

    ReplyDelete