Friday, April 17, 2009

Vintage flower pin necklace

Hello... My name is Emily. I am addicted to Etsy. There are just so many good ideas there.

On my first trip to Esty, so long ago, I saw this vintage rose cabochon necklace for $34, which is not too bad a price, but I thought, why couldn't I make that?

So, I did. I found this vintage pin that my grandmother had given me. Part of the pin had broken off the back, so I clipped off the rest of the closure and glued on bails on either side.

I made the chain with green faceted beads. It has 10 beads on one side of the pin and 15 on the other, so the flower is skewed to the left, just to be quirky.

Now I have a cute new necklace, just because I thought, why not?


1 comment:

  1. Hi there, There wasn't an email address attached to your comment, so I'm replying here! To make the smocks biggers, you can use bigger bags, sew smaller ones together, or do some overlapping work to piece a bigger area. I reccomend sewing the piece together myself above overlapping and fusing. Good luck! I'd love to see if you make some. Let me know.
    ps. That necklace is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete