Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Felt Flower Love!

I have been lazy about blogging lately. It's not that I haven't been crafting but more that I haven't been photographing-- I haven't gotten around to making a good light box. And I feel that it is not fair to deprive you of photographs of beautiful things, mine or others.

Now, however, I have photos, and I am putting them to use! I made a few new felt flower variations, and I am dying to show them to you!

I've used the same method as the last time, but I've used a few different items and changed up the patterns.
The first slip on flower is just two purple daisies layered on top of each other with a small four-petaled flower in the middle. Underneath, are two leaves that I have stitched with a contrasting green. I also stitched a complimentary fushia in the center of the flowers to add a pop of color and used the same shade to attach a vintage button. I made this for the little girl down the street who loves purple, but I think with a few variations, the same could work in an adults hair as well.
The second variation, still with felt, is a single white daisy with a smaller fabric daisy-- in a reproduction 1930's print-- and a smaller four-petaled flower on top. All this is secured to the base with a vintage button. You can find an easy way to cut a cute daisy here, on Nest Decorating. I've done nothing special to treat the fabric, and I'm hoping the edges will wear for a nice shabby-chic result.

I absolutely love the way this head band looks. And I think my next project will be one made from all fabrics, which should produce a lighter effect for summer. Plus, it's a great way to get rid of some of my scraps!

1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable! I know another little girl who loves purple... ;-)

    ReplyDelete