Monday, June 1, 2009

Fabric flower variations

I've been out of commission for a while, after a little bit of oral surgery and starting a new job, but I've still done a bit of crafting, of course! I seem to be stuck on making these flowers. But who can blame me? They are super simple, easy to adjust to whatever you need, and so cute.

I finally found my way to the quilting fabric store. My boyfriend had to reign me in because I had 20 fat quarters. Oops. However, I finally got some cute, floral, vintage-reprints that I think are perfect for spring.

The lighter fabrics are much better for spring than the heavier felts. They are also much easier to cut and sew, especially with this tutorial from Nest Decorating.

I've made a few variations to make a clip, which is the same technique as the blue bird hair clips. I also made the loop smaller on one to fit a skinny barrette for my sister.

I really do love all the things you can do with a few simple techniques, some cute fabric, felt, and vintage buttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment