Friday, March 19, 2010

Kahlua Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes


That's a mouthful isn't it? But a very delicious one.

The cupcakes are really simple, just a basic chocolate cake recipe-- or a box, if you were in a bind like myself-- with a few tweaks. Instead of water, I substituted some room temperature coffee. I also added a splash, or two or three, of Kahlua!

The icing is a recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor. She calls for six Tablespoons of boiling water, but I also substituted coffee-- this time hot-- here too.

The icing was a bit too melty, perhaps from the gorgeous weather--finally!! I couldn't pipe it very well, but I think it looks just fine. I might go back and add a few chocolate twirls or sprinkles, just for fun!

Today is a friend's birthday, and these are for her party tomorrow! Also, notice the lovely Liberty of London for Target serving tray!!

I had been waiting for weeks for these to come out, and I am so glad I got this piece! I'm almost surprised at how quickly these have sold out, but seeing how cute they are explains it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment