Tuesday, March 9, 2010

{thrifted, found and made}


This is going to be a pretty big post to make up for my recent absence. Hopefully, I can get back into a routine soon, but don't fear: the crafting never stops.

I went thrifting today, which was fun for me. I'm using my purchases to display a few new things that I've made. The cake stand is something that I've had for a while, but I bought the bottle this morning and found the mini stand plate in my grandmother's attic.

The rosettes-- oh, how many I've made!-- are a newer, better, I think, version of my older ones. I think the beading is a lot more delicate than the vintage buttons, and, of course, I love the coral.

I wore one to my mother's birthday party this weekend, and I got a lot of compliments-- and it perfectly matched my sweater!

I'm thinking of pulling a page from doe-c-doe's blog and using pin backs to make it into a necklace-- and also a pin! I love things that can work two ways. It's so convenient.

P.S. exciting!!-- let me know what you think of the card designs! I've gotten an Etsy shop, but just haven't set it up. I'm thinking that will be my logo-- and name.

4 comments:

  1. Love the card design and the rosettes! When was your mom's b-day? My mom just had hers on the 2nd and my sister's was on the 8th. Lots of March b-days in my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rosettes are so fine and delicate. Nice work. Well done with the card design. And I so love your cut-glass cake stand bottle. They're gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rosettes :D Good luck with your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so fabulous!!! Best of luck with your shop!

    ReplyDelete