Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lunch, anyone?


In one good afternoon, I can do a lot more than in several nights. I had been working on this one in pieces-- cut it out one night, sew a bit another night, iron and topstitch another-- but the other afternoon I had a bit of time off, and I just sat down and did it!

In all actuality, I probably hadn't done much more than on any of the other occasions, but finishing a project just makes me feel as though I've DONE something. And it's a good feeling.

This project was easy-peasy, once I understood the directions. I had been putting it off for a long time, but after a week of grocery bag lunches, I knew I need something more stylish.

This tutorial-- which I got from the Sewing:2010 Day-to-Day Calendar-- came from the wonderful Melissa Esplin at ISLY.

I had a little trouble following some of the tutorial's directions, but everything is simple enough to figure out. One thing I would do, is sew on the hook side of the hook-and-loop closure before sewing together the enclosure pieces.I also used oil cloth for the lining instead of regular cotton; it keeps things clean and was pretty easy to sew!

Also... I'm still not sure how to do the sew together and turn inside out part. I just folded the edges down and then topstitched!

I'm really loving the design though. And the wristlet is great for keeping free hands!

1 comment: